Challenges are recruiting – Do you have what it takes?
I’m looking for a new member for my Applications Team here at Challenges Worldwide (registered Charity SCO28814) in Edinburgh.
What do we do? Very briefly we grow SMEs in developing countries using volunteers, investments or market linkages. We have worked in 35 countries and provided over $20million in consultancy at no cost to the end recipient.
Basically we are looking for a passionate, engaging individual who is willing to jump in at the deep end and work hard to achieve tough targets. If you want a 9-5 with a regular paycheck, apply to a graduate scheme/PCWorld , this is not the place for you. If you want flexibility, independence and responsibility – read on!
What do you do Alex?
I am currently in charge of finding and recruiting all our volunteers for a variety of projects ranging from accountants for a peanut refinery in Malawi to legal professionals to work in East Africa. We are experiencing a huge surge in the amount of work we have and need to add capacity to our Applications team. This is where you would come in!
The role will involve some administration work, but will also come with plenty of opportunity to learn new skills, develop existing ones and also earn some money. We are currently growing quickly and this growth brings opportunity for fast advancement.
I would say this would suit an ambitious recent Graduate or a professional with some experience looking for a change in direction.
The office is a fun, fairly relaxed place to work and we are keen to keep it that way. We always have plenty of side projects going on which mean there is plenty to do even if you get all your work completed!
What would the role entail?
- Process and document suitable candidates details into internal databases
- Report application figures in weekly meeting and provide synopsis of figures to communications team
- Initially arrange and eventually run interviews with applicants
- Copy-writing : Write/Edit assignment descriptions. Write/Edit blog and newsletter articles
- Record keeping
- Ongoing implementation of linking strategy
- Analysis of Google Analytics/AdWords accounts
- Assisting with other projects : Making promo videos, assisting with marketing strategy, design, researching new revenue opportunities and starting your own projects.
What do you need?
- Be passionate, engaged and driven to succeed
- Organisational skills
- Basic experience of sales and marketing (Sales can be taught but its easier if you can already sell!)
- Excellent command of English with a confident phone manner
- Excellent written communication
- An eye for detail
- Friendly, outgoing personality (preferably with a good sense of humour!)
- Not be a 9-5 type of person.
- If possible some knowledge of social media, video editing, digital marketing – not essential
Whats in it for me?
- You get to work with an established Charity which is striving to have a huge impact on the developing world
- Learn about International Development.
- Gain hands on experience of recruitment, sales, marketing and administration.
- Have freedom, flexibility and fun at work.
- In house training, training and contact with our partners
- Be part of a forward thinking team
- Earn some money! The more successful we are as a team the better the earning potential
Is this for me?
I love my job – not because of the pay-check, but because it gives me the freedom to be involved in things that wouldn’t be possible with a large corporation or graduate scheme. I get to try new initiatives and projects, speak to interesting people everyday and sometimes even play with foam dart guns!
If this sounds similar to how you work (or want to work) then get in touch!