UPDATE **Blimey** What a response. I’ve had quite a few applications and I think I’m sorted. So thanks for reading. Look at the power – Traditional advertising got me #0 applications in 2 weeks. I’ve filled the role in 2 hours using various social media groups! Not always the best but sometimes it’s darn fine!
I have an immediate opportunity for an intern to come in and work alongside me for a month here at Challenges Worldwide. www.challengesworldwide.org
Basically we grow business in developing economies. We feel that this is the best way to help developing economies become stronger. We use an Impact Investing model. This is investment into organisations/business which will provide positive environmental, economical and social change to the communities and areas impacted. Our core aim is to deliver a volunteer to 120 organisations in developing economies this year.
While technically “unpaid” I am able to offer an interesting bonus if we manage to hit our quotas over the time you spend with us (maybe a laptop/IPad or something). Added to that any experience in recruitment and this sort of relationship management with an international organisation is CV gold.
The Intern-ship is cover for my current operations guy who is heading off for a month travelling.
The role would include :
- Calling prospective volunteers and finding out what they are looking for
- Developing the relationship with those volunteers and bringing them into the programme
- Answering questions and dealing with enquiries.
- Interviewing prospective volunteers and matching them to roles.
- Working with me to develop assignments inside our large portfolio of companies and organisations
- Confidence to develop phone relationships mainly over e-mail and phone (no cold calling – don’t worry!)
- Excellent written and spoken English (accent negotiable)
- Some experience with marketing or sales would be an advantage
- Team player
- Positive attitude
Here’s the clincher. I don’t really care if you’re neat/punctual/have lovely handwriting. If you pay attention to detail, do things when you say you will and the work gets done, I’m a happy man. This is an opportunity for you to get a large amount of experience in a relatively short amount of time.
I need someone as soon as possible – so get in touch even if you can only do 3 days a week. It’s a very flexible role. Should last 4-6 weeks or possibly longer!