Community and Network Manager in an exciting International Development Charity
We have a new position open at Challenges Worldwide. We are looking for someone engaged and dynamic to fill this role which we believe will become central to our operating model.
Challenges is quickly becoming an integral part of the way that many large agencies and businesses work in the developing world. We are positioned across all areas of public and private developing country development to enable our partners can create quick, controlled, and sustainable growth.
Challenges Worldwide and it’s associated companies are expanding rapidly and there is an opportunity for the successful applicant to expand their role within the business, increase their earning potential, and have an interesting career progression within Challenges.
|Job Title||Community and Network Manager|
|Reporting to||Director Business Coaching – Alex Robertson|
|Hours||9:30-5:30 (approx. 35 hours pw)|
|Salary||£12,000 PA basic (with opportunity for quick advancement and bonuses for performance)|
|Duration||Permanent with regular reviews discussing earning potential and role progression|
This role is positioned in Challenges Worldwide (registered charity SCO28814), but would involve working alongside both the Challenges Worldwide and Challenges Consulting operations teams.
Purpose of Post
The specific purpose of this post is:
To engage with the existing Challenges Network, proactively growing it to ensure that Challenges departments have access to a greater quantity and quality of experts to fulfill their rapidly developing obligations to their clients.
|Develop our Salesforce Database to integrate the needs of different departments within Challenges||
|Take ownership of developing a robust database of active and engaged contacts using innovative methods including direct mailing campaigns, newsletters, LinkedIn, and taking advantage of Challenges managers’ extensive professional networks||
|Basic communications management||
|Drive Challenges Worldwide’s website and social media activity, coordinating this across the organisation and liaising with volunteers, partners and stakeholders where relevant||
- Maintain high level of proactivity and commitment, demonstrating perseverance in face of setbacks
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing to present complex messages clearly and with impact
- Come up with innovative ideas to improve management of our network
- Plan multi-layered activities, handle conflicting demands, spot problems in advance, identify solutions
- Work across different Challenges departments, manage own workload and prioritising tasks appropriately
Desirable Skills/ Experience
- Managing and growing an online community across a range of platforms, such as blogs, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Experience of using social media to achieve defined marketing goals
- Experience within a sales and marketing environment
- While we do not require any prior knowledge of coding or web development, you should have an excellent working knowledge of electronic social and business media and be computer literate. We can provide training and guidance, but you will be expected to learn on the job – quickly – using your own initiative
- Advanced computer literacy and ability to learn quickly
- Ambitious and able to work independently as well as in a team
- Knowledge of traditional marketing and communication principles and platforms